Project Description

Hyderabad

Hyderabad is the capital of the southern Indian state of Telangana and de jure capital of Andhra Pradesh. Occupying 650 square kilometers (250 square mi) along the banks of the Musi River, it has a population of about 6.7 million and a metropolitan population of about 7.75 million, making it the fourth most populous city and sixth most populous urban agglomeration in India. At an average altitude of 542 meters (1,778 ft), much of Hyderabad is situated on hilly terrain around artificial lakes, including Hussain Sagar north of the city center.

In the greater metropolitan area, 13% of the population live below the poverty line. According to a 2012 report submitted by GHMC to the World Bank, Hyderabad has 1,476 slums with a total population of 1.7 million, of whom 66% live in 985 slums in the “core” of the city and the remaining 34% live in 491 suburban tenements. About 22% of the slum-dwelling households had migrated from different parts of India in the last decade of the 20th century, and 63% claimed to have lived in the slums for more than 10 years. Overall literacy in the slums is 60–80% and female literacy is 52–73%. Millions of people need your help.

0
Families Helped
0
Donated

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

MARK TWAIN

Annual Month of Giving

The Annual Month of Giving is a program held by My Fine Mind every month. Each month there is a certain goal set by My Fine Mind in order to buy and ship school supplies to locations that have suffered from natural disasters. This program allows for My Fine Mind to collect donations for families in urgent need of school supplies. Any form of donation is greatly appreciated.

CHANGE A LIFE TODAY

As long as poverty, injustice & inequality persist, none of us can truly rest. It doesn’t take much to change a life, Get in touch today and start making the difference.